When you stay at Burntside Lodge, you have at your disposal a wide variety of activities. From listening to the common loon on the lake, to hiking in the forest, to paddling the lake in a canoe or kayak, there is little left to be desired on your vacation. You have the leisure to do as much or as little as you wish.
- Visit the Dorothy Molter museum to learn about the last woman to live in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness.
- Take time to visit the Ely Historical Society Museum.
- Enjoy a self-guided walking tour of Ely.
- HOWL! Participate in a wolf howling expedition at the International Wolf Center. With resident wolves, exhibits, displays and a learning environment, this is an experience not to be missed.
- The North American Bear Center offers an educational opportunity with live bears.
- The Vince Schute Bear Sanctuary near Orr allows you to see bears in their natural wild habitat. More information: 800-357-9255
- A short 22 mile drive to Tower, MN takes you to the Bois Forte Heritage Center and Cultural Museum, where you can learn about the history, life and ways of the native Bois Forte band of Ojibwe indians.
- Tour the Tower-Soudan Mine, 22 miles away, for a journey beneath the earth.